- This event has passed.
Information Meeting – Maryborough
March 4, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This information meeting is for anyone (householder, business owner, landlord/renter or farmer) thinking about getting a solar power system installed and/or battery storage. It will be held at the Maryborough Community Hub, 48 Burns St, Maryborough. It’s a great opportunity to find out if going solar is the right thing for you. In 90 minutes, you will:
– learn about how solar power systems and battery storage work
– an overview of what MASH is and the solar power & battery systems available through MASH and the MASH partnership with Goldfields Shire Council
– the information you need in order to compare difference solar power systems with confidence
– the government rebates available for solar power systems and battery storage, what they are worth and the eligibility criteria
– the opportunity to put your questions to the MASH team and our solar installer, Specialized Solar.
The presentation will outline the reason why the MASH project has been invited by Central Goldfields Shire Council to encourage the uptake of solar power and battery storage in the Shire, the solar systems on offer (solar PV systems, battery storage systems, prices and warranties), how much you could expect to save by going solar and the steps involved in the installation process. Also, some things to be aware of – like the process of getting your solar power system approved for connection by the network distribution Powercor, solar feed-in tariffs and more.
Please note that face masks are mandatory in indoor spaces.
MASH is a project of the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance, a not-for-profit council-supported organisation based in Castlemaine that works with 13 councils across central and northern Victoria to help encourage greater use of renewable energy in the region.
• Take a moment to visit the DHHS website for important and up-to-date information on Covid-19 before attending.
• Do not to attend the event if you are feeling unwell, have visited any known Covid hot spot areas in the last 14 days or have been directed by DHHS to self-isolate.
• Avoid physical contact, and
• Maintain social distancing, where possible.