- This event has passed.
Solar for Wineries and Farmers Info Meeting
May 18, 2021 @ 5:15 pm - 6:30 pm| Free
- Are you a Victorian primary producer with total on-farm energy bills of at least $8,000 inc GST a year?
- Are you interested in having a solar power system installed and benefitting from the generous grants – worth $20k to $250k – currently available from Agriculture Victoria?
- But does the thought of the grant application paperwork put you off?
If so, this event is for you.
What we offer
The MASH Solar Bulk-Buy, a program run in partnership with Pyrenees Shire Council, can help you navigate the Agriculture Victoria grant process – from start to finish – and supply a high quality solar power system for your farm installed by Specialised Solar installer.
- Tuesday 18 May, 5:15-6:30pm
- Blue Pyrenees Estate, 656 Vinoca Rd, Avoca, Vic 3467
Learn from the experiences of Robinvale primary producers
At this event, you’ll learn:
- How we helped Robinvale Winery and Burkett Orange Farm install large-scale solar systems at a significantly reduced cost thanks to the grant program.
- Provided support with the grant application paperwork.
- Gained approval for system connection from Powercor.
- Successfully installed the solar PV systems (160kW in total).
There will be an opportunity to put your questions to the solar provider – Specialized Solar. This company will be represented by Anthony Igmen, General Manager, Specialized Solar.
Slash the payback to as little as 2 years
With dollar-for-dollar funding for eligible primary producers, the Agriculture Victoria grant could mean you get up to 50 per cent of the system paid for with grant funding, reducing your payback to as little as 2 or 3 years. Grants are provided on a ‘dollar for dollar’ cash co-contribution basis. Recipients are required to contribute at least 50 per cent of the total cash costs of the project, according to Agriculture Victoria.
Stage 1 deadline – 15 July 2021
Don’t delay – the deadline for applying for stage one of the Agriculture Victoria grant process (which is the free feasibility study) is 15 July 2021.