About the MASH Bulk-buy
MASH (More Australian Solar Homes) is a solar bulk-buy that makes it easier and more affordable for households and businesses to install a solar power system in order to cut their electricity bills and CO2 emissions. Established in 2014, MASH has helped over 1,500 people get solar panels installed on their home, business or school, reducing electricity bills by over $1M a year and lowering emissions by around 9,000 tonnes annually. Through the MASH community bonus, we raise money to install free solar on buildings used by community groups and schools in the areas where we work – so far over $100,000 in free solar has been installed through the program. MASH is owned by the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance, a not-for-profit organisation which supports councils across central and north western Victoria with initiatives that encourage the switch to renewable energy.
As of October 2020, 31% of households in Loddon Shire have solar panels. This is well above the Australian average of 27%. Loddon Shire Council, as a member of the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance, has invited MASH into the Shire in order to encourage still more people get solar panels installed on their home, business or farm.
Through the MASH bulk-buy, the aim is to install at least another 75 solar rooftops over the next 12 months, increasing the percentage of solar homes in Loddon to 33%. If achieved, this will raise $5,000, enough to cover the cost of 4.29kW solar power system for a not-for-profit community group or school in Loddon Shire.
So spread the word, as the more solar that’s installed in the Loddon Shire the better!
About the MASH Supplier and Pricing
Appointed through a competitive tender process, Specialized Solar is the MASH solar retailer for the Loddon Shire. A Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Solar Retailer and a Smart Energy Council member, Specialized Solar is one of the top 150 Victorian solar providers by volume. With dedicated sales and administration staff at offices in Melbourne and across regional Victoria, Specialized Solar has a proven track record for excellent customer service and high quality solar installations.
Join us at a Solar info meeting to find out if going solar is the right thing for you! In just 90 minutes, you will get a comprehensive overview of the MASH offer and the opportunity to put your questions to the MASH team and our solar installer.
Supported by Loddon Shire Council
“The MASH solar bulk-buy program is part of Loddon Shire Council’s ongoing partnership with the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance which aims to deliver initiatives to encourage the uptake of renewable energy alternatives.
Loddon residents’ uptake of solar is currently at 31%, above the national average of 27%. Our aim is to further increase this to 33%. Achieving this will raise $5,000 which will be donated to a not-for-profit in Loddon to cover the cost of a 4.29kW solar power system.
Not only does this partnership help to reduce CO2 emissions and raise funds for a community group to get solar power on their roof, it will also help our community members cut their electricity bills.Phil Pinyon, CEO Loddon Shire Council
MASH Solar Bulk-Buy: Good for you. Good for your community. And a step towards a cleaner world for all of us.
- Media Release – MASH Solar bulk-buy launched in LoddonAs part of Loddon Shire Council’s ongoing partnership with the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance, the MASH (More Australian Solar Homes) solar bulk-buy program was launched in Wedderburn on Tuesday 12 December.
- 226 solar & battery systems ordered since April 2020The MASH and Hepburn Solar Bulk-Buys continue to perform strongly, with battery orders as well as solar surging ahead. 226 solar and battery storage systems have been ordered since April 2020, adding almost another 1 megawatt of installed solar capacity on roofs across central Victoria.
- State Government budget commitments for renewable energyAn announcement from the Andrews Labour Government on 24 November, laid out significant spending commitments to support the uptake of renewable energy. These include: More solar panels rebates (an extra 42,000 rebates over the next 2 years) through the Solar Homes program More solar battery rebates (an extra 17,500 battery rebates over the next 3 […]
- Battery Rebates now available in ALL Vic postcodesThe stopper on the uptake of battery storage has just been removed in a ground-breaking announcement from the Victorian Government. From 18 November, households in all Victorian postcodes can apply for the battery rebate – worth up to $4,174 – via the government’s Solar Homes program. This means that people living in areas like Newstead, […]
- MASH now in Loddon ShireThe MASH community solar bulk-buy is now available in Loddon Shire, in partnership with Loddon Shire Council. Installations have begun and here’s what Bridgewater couple, Karin and Eddie Iob, had to say about their experience of going solar with MASH…. “We had been thinking of getting solar power for our small farm since moving to […]
What our customers say