MASH is ready to give yet again – for the fifthteenth time! Thanks to the MASH participants who’ve bought a solar power system through the MASH community solar bulk-buy in the last 12 months, we have raised $5,600 for free solar to give away to a community group or school in the Mount Alexander Shire or Macedon Ranges Shire.
Are you involved in a not-for-profit community group, a school or social housing group that could do with a donation to help get a solar power system? If so, why not apply for this new round of the MASH Community Bonus!
Check out the eligibility criteria and deadline for submitting an application here….
State in your application how your organisation meets each of the eligibility criteria.
The applicant must:
- be either a not-for-profit community group (and main user of the building that the solar PV system would be installed on), a not-for-profit childcare centre, a school or social housing.
- be in either Mt Alexander Shire or Macedon Ranges Shire
- have a roof that is suitable for solar (Note: this will be assessed by our solar supplier and include assessment of shading, structural strength, rooftop orientation etc ideal for maximum solar generation).
- have the written permission of the building owner (if the applicant does not own the building for the solar PV system and supply this with the application.
- be happy to participate in PR for this installation including a media release and photo of the installation with members of the applicants’ organisation in the picture.
- be prepared to nominate a person within its organisation to liaise with Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance (CVGA) in all matters regarding its application and, should the application be shortlisted, for assessing the building in terms of suitability for solar PV.
Other selection criteria
In your application, state your response to each of the points below:
- Provide property address (street address & postal address, if different), name and position of contact person, telephone, email.
- Provide ABN or equivalent of organisation.
- State whether the building is in a heritage overlay area or not.
- State whether the building is heritage listed or not.
- State whether the building already has solar PV system and if so, date when it was installed.
- Provide a scanned copy of the most recent electricity bill (all pages). Note bill MUST be paid by the community group, childcare centre, school or social housing tenants/co-op.
- State the average number of days per week that the building is used by the community and the number of daytime hours that the building is used by the community on average each week.
- State the number of people that the community group/school supports within this building each week, on average throughout the year.
- State a specific much-needed project to channel the first year savings arising from lower electricity bills that will directly benefit the people/groups serviced by the applicant organisation.
- State whether the applicant organisation will commit to contributing at least $1,000 towards the solar PV installation.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is Friday 11 October 2019 at 5pm. Applications (answering both eligibility and selection criteria) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, or call 1300 466 274.