Farmers… Slash your power bills without breaking the bank!
Are you concerned about the ever-increasing cost of power?
Did you know that the state government is offering grants of up to $250,000 to help farmers purchase equipment that improves energy efficiency and cuts power bills?
(This can include solar power but also other items related to the running of your farm).
With this grant you could, for example, purchase a 100kW solar power system for $50,000, with the other $50,000 paid by the state government grant.
Applications need to go in soon
Farmers should get their applications in soon for a free on-farm energy assessment to improve the energy efficiency of their farm.
Agriculture Victoria’s Peter Harrison said that having the application done before Christmas will give farmers a better chance of having an assessment completed and time to apply for a grant before the grant cut off date of 31 March 2020. Read the news release about the cut-off date.
Hepburn Solar Bulk Buy organiser Jo Kaptein said the online application for the free assessment was straightforward and quick to complete.
All that’s required is your ABN and copies of energy bills for at least one quarter. If you want to improve diesel energy efficiency, you need to provide usage and expenses for on-farm diesel-powered equipment, Ms Kaptein said.
To be eligible…
- You must be a primary producer based in Victoria.
- You must have an annual power bill of at least $8,000 inc GST (electricity, gas, LPG, diesel) (1)
How does the grant program work?
- The Government will provide a maximum grant of $250,000 (exc GST).
- Grants will be provided on a $1 for $1 cash co-contribution basis.
- Recipients are required to contribute at least 50 per cent of the total cash costs of the project.
- Grants will be provided to eligible farmers who have completed the free energy assessment which is part of the same program.
Find out more
To learn more about the energy assessment and grant program available from Agriculture Victoria, visit their website here.
If you have questions about this grant program or would like support with the application process, please contact, in the first instance, Jo Kaptein at the Hepburn Solar Bulk Buy at email@example.com.
(1) Full eligibility criteria here.