Community solar bulk-buy – MASH (More Australian Solar Homes) – is ready to ‘deliver the goods’ once again in the form of free solar for the community. Due to its ongoing success, the MASH bulk-buy has raised $10,000 to spend on free solar.
We will donate $5,000 towards a solar power system and/or battery system in the Macedon Ranges Shire and another $5,000 towards a solar power system and/or battery in the Macedon Ranges Shire.
In addition, the Macedon Ranges Sustainability Group will provide a further $5,000 as an interest-free loan for the solar installation for the successful applicant in the Macedon Ranges Shire.
How to apply
The deadline for applying is Monday, 23 November 2020 at 5pm. Applications to respond to both eligibility criteria (point 1 below) and ‘other section criteria’ (point 2 below). Applications to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Eligibility criteria
State in your application how your organisation meets each of the eligibility criteria.
The applicant must:
- be either a not-for-profit community group (and main user of the building that the solar PV system would be installed on), a not-for-profit childcare centre, a school or social housing group.
- be in either Mount Alexander Shire or the Macedon Ranges Shire
- have a roof that is suitable for solar (Note: this will be assessed by our solar supplier and include assessment of shading, structural strength, rooftop orientation etc ideal for maximum solar generation).
- have the written permission of the building owner (if the applicant does not own the building for the solar PV system and supply this with the application.)
- be happy to participate in PR for this installation including a media release and photo of the installation with members of the applicants’ organisation in the picture.
- be prepared to nominate a person within its organisation to liaise with Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance (CVGA) in all matters regarding its application and, should the application be shortlisted, for assessing the building in terms of suitability for solar PV.
Note: your organisation will be ineligible for our funding if they are “Volunteer committees of management of buildings on Crown land”.
- Other selection criteria
In your application, state your response to each of the points below:
- Provide property address (street address & postal address, if different), name and position of contact person, telephone, email.
- Provide ABN or equivalent of organisation.
- State whether the building is in a heritage overlay area or not.
- State whether the building is heritage listed or not.
- State whether the building already has solar PV system and if so, date when it was installed.
- Provide a copy of the written permission of the building owner for the installation of solar PV
- Provide a scanned copy of the most recent electricity bill (all pages). Note bill MUST be paid by the applicant organisation.
- State the average number of days per week that the building is used by the community and the number of daytime hours that the building is used by the community on average each week.
- State the number of people that the community group/school supports within this building each week, on average throughout the year.
- State a specific much-needed project to channel the first year savings arising from lower electricity bills that will directly benefit the people/groups serviced by the applicant organisation.
- State whether or not the applicant organisation would be willing to contribute $1,000 or more towards the solar PV installation in order to increase the size of the system.. (Note: this is optional and if your organisation does not want to contribute funds, this will not have a negative impact on your application).
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is Monday 23 November 2020 at 5pm. Applications (answering both eligibility and selection criteria) to be emailed to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0455 589 065.
CVGA is the owner and manager of the MASH Solar Bulk-Buy.
Level 1, The Hub, 233 Barker St
Castlemaine Vic 3450
CVGA ABN: 71 256 878 748