- Request a quote
Two ways to request an obligation-free quote:
- Call 1300 466 274
- Complete the online form.
Quote & rebates
- Specialized Solar, the company appointed to sell and install solar systems for the MASH Solar Bulk-Buy in your region, will contact you by phone within 2 working days to discuss your requirements and provide you with a written quote.
- They can also advise you on the application process for the Victorian government’s solar and battery rebates.
- For full information about the Victorian government’s solar and battery rebates – and to apply – visit Solar Victoria at solar.vic.gov.au or call them on 1300 376 393 during business hours.
If you are interested in going ahead, you pay Specialized Solar a fully refundable deposit of 10% of the initial investment (this means the amount owing after all rebates and loans have been taken into account) to Specialized Solar. The installation process cannot start until this payment has been received by Specialized Solar.
- If you want to apply for the Victorian government’s solar panels or battery rebate please let Specialized Solar know. They will upload your quote to the Solar Victoria Portal, which will trigger the online process for your eligibility assessment.
- You then need to upload the documents required by Solar Victoria.
- If it’s confirmed that you are eligible, Specialized Solar will claim the rebate on your behalf and deduct the rebate amount from the cost of your system.
Connecting to the electricity grid
- Specialized Solar will apply for permission from the network distributor (in most cases this is Powercor) to connect your solar and/or battery system to the electricity grid.
- This process is often instant however in some cases the application may be sent for further assessment which can take up to 4 weeks.
- You will be contacted by Specialized Solar within 7 days of network approval to schedule your installation.
- The installation team will be following a set of safety procedures relating to COVID-19.
- Your system is typically installed within 4-6 weeks of network approval.
- You need to be home at the beginning and end of the installation or additional costs may be incurred.
- The installer will show you how to use the system and the WiFi monitoring, following social distancing requirements.
- Specialized Solar will provide warranty information and an instruction manual
- The system will then be tested but not switched on until the independent electrical inspection is completed.
- Balance of payment is due on the day of installation.
Independent electrical inspection
- The independent electrical inspector will be booked within 3 working days after installation.
- When completed, the inspector will switch your solar system on. It is important that you do not turn the system on yourself.
- Within 7 days of the electrical inspection, Specialized Solar will process the paperwork to have your system set up for your retailer to grant you the solar feed-in tariff and meter reconfiguration. Specialized Solar will copy you in on this paperwork.
- You will then be notified by your electricity retailer when your system is set up for the feed-in tariff. This generally takes up to 30 days but this can take longer and varies depending on the electricity retailer.
Please note: your electricity retailer can charge between $50–$150 for costs associated with this re-programming and more if you need a new smart meter.
After sales service
- Specialized Solar is available between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday to answer any enquiries in relation to your installed solar system.
- You can contact them by phone on 03 9117 6185 or via their website.