An announcement from the Andrews Labour Government on 24 November, laid out significant spending commitments to support the uptake of renewable energy. These include:
- More solar panels rebates (an extra 42,000 rebates over the next 2 years) through the Solar Homes program
- More solar battery rebates (an extra 17,500 battery rebates over the next 3 years with ALL VIC postcodes now classed as eligible) through the Solar Homes program
- Solar panels rebates for small businesses (this is new)
- $27m for community energy projects including microgrids, neighbourhood batteries, bushfire resilience programs and community-owned renewable energy projects
- A further $21 million to help community groups to install renewable energy systems, storage and energy efficiency improvements at community buildings.
- $335 million to replace old, outdated and unhealthy wood or gas fired heaters with brand-new, energy-efficient, low-cost heating and cooling for 250,000 low-income households.
- Funding towards rolling out a fast-charging network for electric vehicles at sites covering major highways and key tourist destinations.