About the MASH Bulk-buy
MASH (More Australian Solar Homes) is a solar bulk-buy that makes it easier and more affordable for households and businesses to install a solar power system in order to cut their electricity bills and CO2 emissions. Established in 2014, MASH has helped over 1,500 people get solar panels installed on their home, business or school, reducing electricity bills by over $1M a year and lowering emissions by around 9,000 tonnes annually. Through the MASH community bonus, we raise money to install free solar on buildings used by community groups and schools in the areas where we work – so far over $100,000 in free solar has been installed through the program. MASH is owned by the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance, a not-for-profit organisation which supports councils across central and north western Victoria with initiatives that encourage the switch to renewable energy.
As of October 2020, 28% of households in Central Goldfields Shire have solar panels. This is just above the Australian average of 27%. Central Goldfields Shire Council, as a member of the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance, has invited MASH into the Shire in order to further encourage the uptake of solar on homes, businesses and farms. Through the MASH bulk-buy, the aim is to install at least another 100 solar rooftops in the coming 12 months, increasing the percentage of solar homes in the Shire to 30% (this would bring the total to around 2,030). If this is achieved, we will have raised around $4,600 – enough to cover the cost of 4.29kW solar power system – which which we will donate to a not-for-profit community group or school in Central Goldfields Shire.
So spread the word, as the more solar that’s installed in the Central Goldfields Shire the better!
About the MASH solar supplier
Appointed through a competitive tender process, Specialized Solar is the MASH solar retailer for the Central Goldfields Shire. A Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Solar Retailer and a Smart Energy Council member, Specialized Solar is one of the top 150 Victorian solar providers by volume. With dedicated sales and administration staff at offices in Melbourne and across regional Victoria, Specialized Solar has a proven track record for excellent customer service and high quality solar installations.
Join us at a Solar info meeting to find out if going solar is the right thing for you! In just 90 minutes, you will get a comprehensive overview of the MASH offer and the opportunity to put your questions to the MASH team and our solar installer.
- February 16 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm at Maryborough Community Hub
Supported by Central Goldfields Shire Council
Central Goldfields Shire Council is pleased to be a partner of the MASH community solar bulk-buy. MASH is owned by the not-for-profit Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance which works with councils – including ours – to encourage the switch to renewable energy. MASH will also give back to the Central Goldfields Shire community in the form of free solar for community buildings and schools. If you are thinking solar, take a look at what MASH offers.Noel Harvey, Chief Administrator, Central Goldfields Shire Council
MASH Solar Bulk-Buy: Good for you. Good for your community. And a step towards a cleaner world for all of us.
- 226 solar & battery systems ordered since April 2020The MASH and Hepburn Solar Bulk-Buys continue to perform strongly, with battery orders as well as solar surging ahead. 226 solar and battery storage systems have been ordered since April 2020, adding almost another 1 megawatt of installed solar capacity on roofs across central Victoria.
- Dunolly Bowling Club Goes Solar with MASHWord of mouth is one of the most powerful ways that a solar bulk-buy like MASH has of becoming better known. It’s something that we strive hard to achieve as we want people to be happy with their solar installation and tell their friends. That’s why we were so happy to hear that the Dunolly […]
- State Government budget commitments for renewable energyAn announcement from the Andrews Labour Government on 24 November, laid out significant spending commitments to support the uptake of renewable energy. These include: More solar panels rebates (an extra 42,000 rebates over the next 2 years) through the Solar Homes program More solar battery rebates (an extra 17,500 battery rebates over the next 3 […]
- Battery Rebates now available in ALL Vic postcodesThe stopper on the uptake of battery storage has just been removed in a ground-breaking announcement from the Victorian Government. From 18 November, households in all Victorian postcodes can apply for the battery rebate – worth up to $4,174 – via the government’s Solar Homes program. This means that people living in areas like Newstead, […]
- Central Goldfields Shire supports new solar bulk buyHouseholds, businesses and farms in the Central Goldfields Shire can now access cost-effective solar thanks to a partnership between Central Goldfields Shire Council and the More Australian Solar Homes (MASH) initiative. The MASH Solar Bulk Buy program aims to make it easier for households and businesses to go solar, and save on their energy bills, […]