About the Mallee Sun Bulk-buy
The Mallee-Sun Bulk-Buy is a community initiative supported by Buloke Shire Council to make it easier for households and businesses to go solar and add battery storage.
Going solar or adding battery storage can help you cut your electricity bills and become more self-sufficient. And with the Mallee Sun Bulk-Buy, you can feel good that you are also supporting your local community – as every installation counts towards more money going towards free solar for community groups and schools in the Buloke Shire.
So spread the word, as the more solar that’s installed in the Buloke Shire the better!
Join us at a Solar info meeting to find out if going solar is the right thing for you! In just 90 minutes, you will get a comprehensive overview of the Mallee Sun offer and the opportunity to put your questions to the Mallee Sun team and our solar installer.
About the Mallee Sun Supplier and Pricing
Appointed through a competitive tender process, Specialized Solar is the Mallee Sun solar retailer for the Buloke Shire. A Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Solar Retailer and a Smart Energy Council member, Specialized Solar is one of the top 150 Victorian solar providers by volume. With dedicated sales and administration staff at offices in Melbourne and across regional Victoria, Specialized Solar has a proven track record for excellent customer service and high quality solar installations.
Supported by Buloke Shire Council
With already 26% of homes in the Buloke Shire, it’s clear that people in our region see the benefits of solar. Council is partnering with the Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance who run the MASH solar bulk-buy to encourage more households, businesses and farms in our Shire to go solar and maybe even add battery storage. The MASH bulk-buy is a well-established program that has achieved strong results working with councils in other parts of central and northern Victoria and, as a not-for-profit initiative, it has a lot of pluses. One of these is a ‘give back’ to the local community in the form of free solar for community groups and schools, with one percent of project revenues going into a kitty for this purpose. MASH is worth considering if you are thinking solar.Buloke Shire Council
Mallee Sun Solar Bulk-Buy: Good for you. Good for your community. And a step towards a cleaner world for all of us.
- 226 solar & battery systems ordered since April 2020The MASH and Hepburn Solar Bulk-Buys continue to perform strongly, with battery orders as well as solar surging ahead. 226 solar and battery storage systems have been ordered since April 2020, adding almost another 1 megawatt of installed solar capacity on roofs across central Victoria.
- State Government budget commitments for renewable energyAn announcement from the Andrews Labour Government on 24 November, laid out significant spending commitments to support the uptake of renewable energy. These include: More solar panels rebates (an extra 42,000 rebates over the next 2 years) through the Solar Homes program More solar battery rebates (an extra 17,500 battery rebates over the next 3 […]
- Battery Rebates now available in ALL Vic postcodesThe stopper on the uptake of battery storage has just been removed in a ground-breaking announcement from the Victorian Government. From 18 November, households in all Victorian postcodes can apply for the battery rebate – worth up to $4,174 – via the government’s Solar Homes program. This means that people living in areas like Newstead, […]
- Suntech panels Australian storyThere’s a really interesting Australian angle to the Suntech solar panels offered through the MASH project. Suntech Power is a (massive) Chinese solar panel manufacturer – started by Australian-educated Chinese engineer – Dr Zhengrong Shi. After completing his Ph.D in electrical engineering at the UNSW in 2000 he returned to start up Suntech. He then […]
- MASH Ready to Give AgainThe MASH Community Solar Bulk-Buy has raised $10,000 which is now ready to distribute in the form of free solar to not-for-profit community groups, social housing co-operatives, and schools in the Mt Alexander Shire and Macedon Ranges Shire. Half of the money will be donated to an organisation in the Mt Alexander Shire and the […]