Victorian farmers have a great opportunity to apply for substantial grant funding to improve the energy efficiency of their on-farming activities through Agriculture Victoria. The Agriculture Investment Plan has $30 million to support farmers with initiatives like solar power, battery storage and equipment upgrades.
To be eligible, your farm needs to spend a minimum of $8,000 inc GST per annum on energy costs (electricity, diesel, gas).
Step 1 – On-Farm Energy Assessment – applications closing date 15 July 2021
The first step in the process is to apply for an on-farm energy assessment through Agriculture Victoria. On-farm energy assessments will provide eligible farms and agricultural businesses with independent expert advice on how to reduce energy use, improve energy efficiency and manage energy costs. After each assessment, assessors will provide primary producers with recommendations to implement options to become efficient and productive energy users.
- Assessments are free of charge to eligible businesses
- Assessments will be carried out by independent expert assessors who will attend your property to conduct the assessment
- Eligible businesses will receive a copy of the assessment including recommendations for energy improvements.
The on-farm energy assessments are conducted by registered independent experts to the national standard (AS/NZS 3598.2:2014).
Applications for on-farm energy assessments will close on 15 July 2021.
Step 2 – Apply for a Grant – deadline 15 December 2021
Once the energy assessment has been completed, the farmer is able to then apply for a grant.
- Tier 1 grants – available to farm businesses with farm energy expenses over $8,000 up to $25,000 per annum inc GST – grants between $20,000 and $50,000 (excluding GST) with matched funding.
- Tier 2 grants – available to farm businesses with farm energy expenses over $25,000 per annum
(including GST)– grants between $50,000 and $250,000 (excluding GST) with matched funding.
Applications for On-Farm Energy grants are open and will close on 15 December 2021.
Mallee Sun & MASH Solar Bulk-Buys Can Help
The bulk-buy team and our solar suppliers have helped farms navigate this grant process and successfully install large solar PV systems with tens of thousands of dollars of grant funding through this program. If you are interested in finding out how we can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 466 274.
Agriculture Victoria On-Farm Energy Grants
For more information about the Agriculture Victoria On-Farm Energy Grants visit this page.