The much-anticipated cut in the value of the solar and battery rebates through the Victorian Government’s Solar Homes program has just been announced. From 1 July, the value of solar and battery rebates for households will be reduced as follows:
Solar panels rebate for homeowners
- Currently worth up to $1,850, the solar panels rebate for homeowners will drop in value to $1,400 from July 1, 2021. There are still 7,356 solar panels rebates left in the current allocation through to 30 June (as of 21/6/2021). Whilst that sounds like a lot, we expect that most – if not all – of these rebates will be allocated.
Solar panels interest-free loan
- This is worth up to the same amount as the solar panels rebate (ie. $1,850). From 1 July, it will drop to $1,400. The loan is repayable either over a four year period or sooner, as a lump sum. It’s a great way to reduce the upfront cash outlay for a new solar system.
Solar battery rebate
- Currently worth $4,174, this rebate for homeowners is proving popular with only 1,909 remaining before the 30 June deadline. From 1 July, it will drop to $3,500. It’s important to be aware that you can’t get both the solar panels rebate AND the solar battery rebate – it’s one or the other (eligibility criteria apply).
Solar panels rebates for rental properties
- The value of this rebate is the same as the solar panels rebate for homeowners, i.e. $1850 – and the drop in value from 1 July will be the same. There are only 608 rental rebates remaining at the higher value. There is also an interest-free loan available for the same amount as the rebate.
Solar panels rebates for businesses
- This rebate was launched in May 2021. It is worth up to $3,500 to cover 50 per cent of the cost of a solar system for eligible small businesses. It will remain at this value until the current allocation of rebates runs out. It will then drop to $1,750. The program launched with 5,000 rebates. There are now 2,118 left – so we expect these to go fast too!
Beat the rebate deadline
There is still time to apply for the solar panels and battery rebates. You simply need to get in touch with the MASH bulk-buy organisers and request a quote as soon as possible. Our solar retailers are standing by ready to help you with your application. As the supply of rebates is finite we highly recommend that you don’t delay!
To request an obligation-free quote through our bulk-buy program either:
- Call us on 1300 466 274
- Click here to complete the online form
Of course, if you aren’t ready to apply for a rebate by 30 June don’t worry. Solar is still a great investment for most Victorian households even when the value of the panels rebate drops from the 1st of July. Plus, it is still heavily subsidised by the Federal Government through the Small-scale Technology Certificates which are available for all eligible solar power systems up to 100kW in size.