Here are the steps in the process of ‘going solar’ with Macedon Ranges Solar Power (MRSP), the solar company appointed by Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance to run an interim round of MASH (round 4.1) and the Hepburn Solar Bulk-Buy (round 1.1).
This provides a useful guide, as it describes what you can expect at each stage of the process.
1. Register your interest for a quote
First, register your interest for a quote with the bulk-buy team:
- Ph. 1300 466 274 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- E. http://mash.org.au/request-a-re-quote/
- Macedon Ranges Solar Power will make contact with you by phone within 48 hours to schedule a consultation. During the consultation MRSP will make recommendations based on your requirements and budget.
- We ask that you provide a copy of your electricity bill. This will assist at the initial consultation to determine how much electricity you are currently using.
- The customer will be provided with a hard copy of the estimate on completion of the consultation.
- To proceed with the technical site inspection a $500 deposit is required.
3. Technical Site Inspection
- MRSP will contact you to book a site inspection. A member of our solar technical staff will visit your home and assess the site. The roof will be measured, existing electrical infrastructure checked and a shade analysis conducted.
- This site inspection helps ensure that the solar system is designed correctly and that there are no ‘last minute’ surprises on the day of installation.
4. Formal Quotation/Performance Estimate
- Based on the information collected during the technical site inspection, MRSP will provide a written formal quotation and a performance estimate showing the average daily kilowatt hours production throughout the year (i.e. how much solar power your system should produce).
- If there are variations to the estimate (e.g. your switchboard requires upgrading), this will be explained and included in the formal quotation.
- The formal quotation is valid for 7 days.
- If you wish to proceed with the installation, the formal quotation/contract needs to be signed and returned with a copy of your electricity bill so that MRSP can start the network approval process.
- If there is a variation to your estimate (i.e. the quotation is higher than the estimate) and you don’t wish to proceed, you need to advise MRSP within 10 days and your deposit will be returned. If the final quotation is the same as the estimate – give or take 5% of the total value of the estimate – then the deposit is not refundable should the customer decide not go ahead.
5. Network approval
- MRSP will submit an application to the electricity distributor (in most cases this is Powercor) to obtain permission to connect your solar system to the electricity grid and determine if power can be exported back to the grid.
- This process is usually instant, however, in some cases the application may be sent for further technical assessment and can take up to 4 weeks.
- You will be contacted within 24 hours of receipt of network approval to schedule your installation.
- You system is typically installed within 20 days of network approval.
- You are required to be home at the beginning and at the end of the installation. MRSP will instruct you on how to use the system, setup wifi monitoring etc.
- The system will then be tested but not made operational (i.e. switched on) until the independent electrical inspection is completed.
- MRSP will provide warranty information and an instruction manual following completion – which can be hard copy or digital depending on the customer’s preference.
- The full the balance payment is strictly due on the day of the installation.
7. Electrical inspection
- MRSP will engage an independent electrical inspector within 24 hours of the installation.
- Please allow up to 10 days for the inspection to take place.
- In some cases the electrical inspector will need to contact you to gain access to your switchboard or inverter.
- When the electrical inspection is complete the inspector will leave the solar system on.
Following the electrical inspection, within 7 business days, MRSP will process all the paperwork required for the following;
- Engagement with Powercor to have your electricity meter re-programmed for solar. This process can sometimes take up to 2 months to occur. Please note : MRSP do not control this process. Your retailer will inform you when this process has taken place. Please do not change retailers during this process. This may delay the process. Please note: your retailer can charge between $60 – $300 for costs associated with this re-programming.
- Within a week of MRSP receiving the certificate of electrical safety you will be supplied by MRSP.
9. After sales service
- MRSP is available between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday to answer any enquiries in relation to your recently installed solar system. 1300 693 113
- Alternatively, if your enquiry is not urgent, please feel free to send us an email email@example.com