Ensuring the safety of all bulk-buy participants and installers during the COVID-19 pandemic is of utmost importance. As of the time of writing (7 August 2020) under stage 3 restrictions for our part of Victoria, it is still allowable to install solar and battery systems as long as adherence is paid to the restrictions.
Here is a list of measures our solar supplier, Cola Solar, is taking to keep everyone safe.
- No customer-facing sales visits.
- Technical site visit prior to installation day – only if absolutely necessary.
- Installation team – maximum number of two installers to a vehicle; teams of 2-4 installers operating within strict social distancing guidelines, disinfect vehicle at end of day.
- All touch points to be sanitised – tools, ladders, switchboards, outside of the inverter etc.
- Customer interaction during installation – only be outside with 1.5m distance and kept to the shortest possible duration. Installers will not enter a customer’s property for any reason.
- Customers sign install documentation – all done online wherever possible.
This list will be updated should further rules come into place, or guidance.
We wish everyone the best during these challenging times. Keep safe and keep well.