On the 19th of August 2018, the Victorian Government announced a new solar panels rebate. Worth up to $2225, the rebate is stimulating demand through the MASH & Hepburn community solar bulk-buys and across the industry.
The rebate is delivered by the newly established Solar Victoria.
Eligible households can claim a rebate up to $2,225 on the cost of a solar panel (PV) system or a $1,000 rebate for the replacement of hot water systems with solar hot water.
Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Solar Homes Package (i.e. a household that accesses a solar hot water rebate cannot claim a solar PV rebate). Rebates are available for systems installed from 19 August 2018.
Three steps to apply for the Solar Panels Rebate
Eligibility criteria for the Solar Panel Rebate
To be eligible, you must meet these criteria:
• Your combined household taxable income must be less than $180,000/yr.
• You are the owner-occupier of the home – and this is your primary residence.
• Your home is valued at under $3 million.
• You don’t have solar PV on my property OR you are replacing a solar PV system that was installed before 1 November 2009.
Get full details of eligibility criteria here.
Solar Victoria Contact Details
- Call 1300 363 744 on Monday to Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm (except public holidays).
- You can post electronic, scanned or photographic copies of documents to support your application to:Solar Victoria
PO Box 104