On the 12th of April 2019, an email was sent to anyone registered to receive news updates about the Solar Homes Program (the Victorian State Government program that offers rebates for Solar PV and Solar Hot Water).
This email provides important news about the availability of the Solar PV rebate.
Here are some of the key points from this email:
- “The program for 2018-19 is fully subscribed.”
- “All solar PV eligibility and rebate applications lodged before applications closed will continue to be processed by Solar Victoria, in line with current requirements.”
- “If a customer is considering installing solar PV with a rebate and have not yet applied to Solar Victoria, they will now need to wait until applications open again on 1 July 2019. After this time, they must have received eligibility confirmation before installing their system to be eligible to receive a rebate.”
- “When applications re-open on 1 July 2019, Solar Victoria will be implementing a point-of-sale rebate scheme. This means that applicants must apply for and receive eligibility confirmation before signing a contract with a solar retailer. “
- “Once applications for solar PV rebates re-open, Solar Victoria will also offer a no-interest loan component to complement the solar PV rebate. Rebates for solar batteries and solar for renters will also commence on 1 July 2019. ”
Full details of the Solar Homes program & the Solar PV (i.e. solar panels) rebate can be found at solar.vic.gov.au.