Community solar bulk-buy – MASH – is ready to ‘deliver the goods’ once again in the form of free solar for the community. Due to its ongoing success, the MASH bulk-buy has raised just over $5,500 to spend on free solar for a community group or school. This will be the fifthteeth free community solar system donated by the MASH bulk-buy and its sister bulk-buy in Hepburn Shire since it started in 2014. See bottom of this page for details on how to apply.
Thanks to MASH participants
Thanks to the massive support of MASH from all corners of our community, we have just over $5,500 in free solar ready to give away to a community group or school in Mount Alexander Shire, Macedon Ranges Shire or Bendigo, said Jo Kaptein, organiser of MASH.
We’re putting the word out to community groups and schools to send in an application by Friday the 6th of April. This is a terrific opportunity for a community organisation to get a solar power system that could reduce their electricity bill – and show their commitment to reducing their carbon footprint.
Note: MASH stands for More Australian Solar Homes and is a community solar bulk-buy that has resulted in over 1500 more solar rooftops in central Victoria since it started in mid 2014. Organised by the not-for-profit Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance based in Castlemaine, the MASH project is proud to have the support of Mount Alexander Shire Council, Macedon Ranges Shire Council, Hepburn Shire Council, Mount Alexander Sustainability Group, Macedon Ranges Sustainability Group, Bendigo Sustainability Group and Hepburn Wind. Visit mash.org.au or call the MASH team on 1300 466 274.
How to apply
The deadline for applying is 5pm on Friday the xxx. Applications to respond to both eligibility criteria (point 1 below) and ‘other section criteria’ (point 2 below).
Applications to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Eligibility criteria
State in your application how your organisation meets each of the eligibility criteria.
The applicant must:
- be either a not-for-profit community group (and main user of the building that the solar PV system would be installed on) or a not-for-profit childcare centre or a school.
- be in either Mt Alexander Shire, Macedon Ranges Shire or City of Greater Bendigo.
- have a roof that is suitable for solar (Note: this will be assessed by our solar supplier and include assessment of shading, structural strength, rooftop orientation etc ideal for maximum solar generation).
- have the written permission of the building owner (if the applicant does not own the building0for the solar PV system and supply this with the application.
- be happy to participate in PR for this installation including a media release and photo of the installation with members of the applicants’ organisation in the picture.
- be prepared to nominate a person within its organisation to liaise with The Hub Foundation in all matters regarding its application and, should the application be shortlisted, for assessing the building in terms of suitability for solar PV.
2. Other selection criteria
In your application, state your response to each of the points below:
- Provide property address (street address & postal address, if different), name and position of contact person, telephone, email.
- Provide ABN or equivalent of organisation.
- State whether the building is in a heritage overlay area or not.
- State whether the building is heritage listed or not.
- State whether the building already has solar PV system and if so, date when it was installed.
- Provide a scanned copy of the most recent electricity bill (all pages). Note bill MUST be paid by the community group, childcare centre or school.
- State the average number of days per week that the building is used by the community and the number of daytime hours that the building is used by the community on average each week.
- State the number of people that the community group/school supports within this building each week, on average throughout the year.
- State a specific much-needed project to channel the first year savings arising from lower electricity bills that will directly benefit the people/groups serviced by the applicant organisation.
- State whether the applicant organisation will commit to contributing at least $1,000 towards the solar PV installation.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is XXX. Applications (answering both eligibility and selection criteria) to be emailed to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org